Recruit adult leaders to help you complete the below steps. Make your December Recharter simple, swift, and painless!
At the October Roundtable, your unit should have received its Recharter Packet. Inside that packet are the basic instructions on how to complete the process online. Don't let this sit idle for two months! All recharters are due into the council office by December 15, 2013. Print this email out and use it as a checklist.
Communicate with Adult Leaders and get some of this stuff out of the way NOW!
DO THESE THINGS NOW
- Do a Unit Roster Audit. Do I have everyone registered? Registered for the right position? Have Patrol Leaders or Den Leader submit Attendance/Advancement Sheets. Check these sheets against the current Roster. Collect any additional applications from youth/adults who are not currently on the roster.
- Clear "Defective Unit Registrations." If you have received a "Defective Unit Registration" letter from the Greater St. Louis Area Council, clear it. The longer you wait . . . the harder it is to clear.
- Make sure EVERY adult completes Youth Protection Training. If they completed Youth Protection through myscouting.org, ask each adult to link their Membership ID to the National Database.
- Make sure all of your Adults have completed "This is Scouting" and other training necessary to be considered "Trained." Many of these courses can be completed online at myscouting.org.
- Confirm contact information for each youth/adult. Do we have the right physical address and phone number? Collect and update email addresses for each Adult Leader (it is important to add these during the online recharter process).
- Is each adult leader registered in the right position?
- Who is receiving Boy's Life Magazine?
- Collect registrations fees - Registration fees have increased to $24 per youth/adult. Prepare accordingly.
- Schedule a meeting with the Institutional Head of your Chartering Organization. Schedule meeting for first or second week of December so that you can present the completed recharter. You need his/her signature to recharter!
- Schedule a meeting with your
Unit Commissioner. They are a huge help in this process!
- Assign an adult (or the Committee Chair) to complete the unit's Journey to Excellence
DO THESE THINGS BEFORE DECEMBER 15th
- All adults link their account at myscouting.org to the National Database.
- All Youth/Adults have been registered and processed at the council office (get all applications in by November 1.)
- All Adults have completed Youth Protection Training
- You have contact information for all leaders.
- You have a list of active youth (from each Den Leader in the case of Cub Scouting).
Before you hit submit . . .
- Is each person adult listed in the correct leadership position?
- You must have 5 Key Leadership Positions filled - Unit Leader, Committee Chair, Chartered Org Representative, and two Committee Members. Cub Scout Packs must also have at least one registered Den Leader.
- Have you entered contact information for your key leaders? Specifically emails.
- Do not remove "Tiger Partners" or "Scout Parents" from your adult leadership unless their Scout is no longer in the program. Each Tiger Cub must have a "Tiger Partner." There is no fee for parents listed as Tiger Partner or Scout Parent.
ALL RECHARTERS ARE DUE TO THE COUNCIL OFFICE BEFORE DECEMBER 15, 2013!!! Give yourself time to get the appropriate signatures after the online charter has been submitted.
If you have additional questions or have not received your recharter packet, please feel free to reach out to your District Executives - William Humphrey or Joshua Stockstill.
Yours in Scouting,
The Pathfinder District